Sunday, July 27, 2008

Updates & Things....

It's been a while, huh? Have ya missed me and my thrilling stories? Time is just flying by and I'm forgetting all my passwords to log into things to keep them updated! I'm still driving with the owner operator as mentioned earlier in these blogings, my ride has changed, I am now operating this black beauty, we just had my brother do all the decals thats on it (the stuff in yellow and white for those that have no clue, if you wanna see it a lil' better, click on the picture and it will give you more detail), and on the back of the cab I had him make me something to personalize it, and that is a big decal saying Ice Maiden. Why Ice Maiden? Well I like things REALLY cold, and that includes the inside of my home (This is my home MOST of the time). I took this truck to the Kenworth dealer and told the guy that was going to do the work on it that if he could get the a/c down to 35 degrees I'd give him a one hundred dollar tip... 2 hours later he had it down to 38 degrees, I gave him eighty bucks and told him "that'll work". So on most days I'm cruising around the country in my ice chest, after a night of sleeping, it's great to wake up with ice on ...... well we'll just say -everything-. Life is good, and a whole lot more manageable when there's no sweat on my brow. I've been doing alot of the same run lately, load in a little town called Fombell, Pa. and taking it down to a little bigger town called Terrell, Tx. I've gotten so used to this route I know where all the big potholes are, and I can keep my drink in a upright position now. I don't mind doing this run, it gets me outta the house... so much that I have to use a GPS'er to find my way back to my house *wink*. I have been home this week since Wednesday and I'm leaving in the a.m. for ..... yep, you guessed it... Texas. It was great to come home for a few days and clean, and do laundry, and pay bills, and do some sewing, see friends, family, the dogs..... It has wore me out and I'm looking forward to going back to work, I need the rest !

The trucking industry is really taking a beating with the cost of fuel these days. Most of you know that it is becoming almost impossible to "fill up" everytime you go to the pumps... imagine what it is like to have a 240 gallon tank to put fuel in, and after spending $800 dollars, you still DO NOT have a full tank of fuel, and these big rigs get an average of 6, yes 6 miles to the gallon. I don't know how we will survive through all of this right now, but right now all we can do is.... Keep On Truckin'.

No comments: