Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011....

It's a new year and....

The trucking stories just keep getting better. This past week I came across something I have NEVER seen before, and I must say I don't think I'll be forgetting this anytime soon. My boss and I ended up taking two loads up to New Hampshire, the trip went well and we got unloaded a whole day early, so then we had some time before we had to go pick up our next loads so we started to hunt for a truckstop in the area. We found one about 10 miles from where we delivered and we hunkered down for the night. The boss ordered some dinner from the local pizza shop, and had it delivered. He paid $20.00 for the pizza (including a tip for the driver) and it was suppose to be a large pizza, but it wasn't... there were 8 cuts in the box, we both looked at each other and thought, 'huh, where's the other box at?'. The boss had 5 pieces and I ate 3, we were both still hungry but now it was time to grab a shower. We got our stuff together and headed in the truckstop. I told the guy at the counter that we wanted a shower, he proceeded to get one key out, I told him we would be needing two showers... the boss and I needed some time apart... haha. Okay so then this is where it gets interesting, I give the guy a $20 and he gives me back $5 and started counting out five dollars in quarters. I'm looking at the boss and saying "he knows we want showers, right?... we don't wanna do laundry". The boss and I keep looking at each other, not saying a word outloud but the look on our face was a very obvious WTF? I said to the guy behind the counter "can I get an extra towel for my hair"... he said he'd get that for me in a min, then he asked the boss how many quarters he wanted... again the WTF look was there again. The boss got his quarters, and I asked the guy.... "whats the quarters for?".... stupid me, you have to buy the water!!!! WTF! I got my extra towel and just couldn't wait any longer to see how this was gonna work, so we headed to our shower rooms.... opened the door and sure enough, there's this device on the wall that wants you to feed it quarters, $2.25 will get you 6 minutes in the shower! HOT DAMN! Ok so I "buy" 12 minutes of water (rolling eyes) and in I went... Kinda felt I was at the car wash, kept waiting for the big blue rubber things to come out and start whipping me... it never happened, I'm thinking to myself in my shower "well you don't have to worry about me falling down in here, I'll get wedged between the walls before I even hit the floor".... yes, it was that small ! Got out and got my "hair" towel, unfolded it, and it is just littered with holes.... wow, another great find in New Hampshire. By this time, I'm pissed, I throw on my clothes, and head back to my truck to dry my hair because it was like a oven in there, and I was outta quarters! Sheesh, I'm still thinking about it, shaking my head back n forth... "yeah, I'd like a shower, and I'll need some water with that too".... WTF!!

Happy Trails to you.... until we meet again!

No comments: