Sunday, December 10, 2006

Donner Summit...


Well we traveled over Donner Pass this week, actually we went over it twice in the same day (Friday). You never know what the weather will be like up there, and we certainly we not expecting the weather that we ran into up there. It was a balmy 60 degrees, there was some snow on the ground, but it was melting quickly. This used to be my favorite road in America, mainly because the scenery is just beautiful, but I haven't been over this route in a while now, and I was quite suprised when we got to the foothills. There must of been a wildfire in this area and so many of the hills are now naked, no trees, nothing but torched hillsides. And then the road itself has become so rough, you can tell where the chains are on for traveling because the road is just all chewed up. I felt like I was getting a dose of shaken baby syndrom and almost made me wish I was in New Jersey.

No comments: